Today I ate three choccy eggs for breakfast. Melted. On toast.
It’s still Easter right?
Is it really all that bad for me?
Lots of Love, Kristie x x
Dear Kristie… and the rest of the world,
We know you had a lot of chocolate this weekend and you probably feel guilty AF…
But don’t worry! We’re here to tell you that it’s OK! In fact, chocolate can be exceptionally good for you.
Just in case you don’t believe us, here are FIVE reasons to consume all the chocolate in the world (well sort of).
- Chocolate is actually good for your health and decreases risk of stroke, heart attack and protects against blood inflammation. According to Health Day, blood platelets clump together more slowly in chocolate eaters, thus reducing risks of the above!
- Chocolate makes you smarter! Psychologists found that flavanols (which are found in chocolate) help people with their mental math. A study in the UK showed that subjects had an easier time counting backwards from a randomly-generated number between 800-999 after drinking a cup of hot chocolate!
- Want that Easter glow? Chocolate is good for your skin! Well dark chocolate at least… the flavonoids found in dark chocolate protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays. For reals. Don’t skip the sunscreen though!
- Chocolate makes you live longer! French woman Jeanne Louise Calment, lived to the ripe old age of 122! She ate two and a half pounds of dark chocolate per week because she knows what’s up. According to the braniacs at Harvard, chocolate eaters can add two years to their life. Sign us up!
- Chocolate is yummy. And people get super happy when they eat yummy things. FACT!
Go forth and eat ze chocolate!